We provide a challenging academic program to all our students.
The Merritt Advantage
The Journey Unfolds
Merritt Academy’s Preschool program fosters children’s natural curiosity and enthusiasm through imaginative play, creative projects and academic activities that engage and stimulate children’s learning.
A variety of weekly activities led by specialists add to enriching daily classroom experiences.
Theme-based curricula capture your child’s imagination through introduction of a wide range of topics.
Our school is built upon three foundational pillars:
We emphasize values throughout our school to help build character in all our students.
We commit to serve every family earning trust through our responsiveness, flexibility, and support.
Merritt Academy is a place that recognizes the abilities of children and targets instruction to successfully grow and develop those talents.
Every aspect of our school is carefully curated to create the ideal conditions for academic and character success
- Expansive 7 Acre Campus with STEAM Lab, Maker Space & Creativity Lab/Art Studio
- Small class sizes with flexible Classroom Seating
- Student-led learning environment, emphasis on collaboration with Genius Hour
- Advanced curriculum, with Renowned Intergenerational Program
- Wide selection of Field trips and Hallmarks specifically designed to integrate with academic curriculum
- Individual assessment for reading and math placement with acceleration and Gifted program starting in Kindergarten
- Daily outdoor recess to promote creative/free play
Hallmarks are carefully coordinated to enrich our curriculum with a level of interactive learning that encourages excitement and participation. Students, teachers and parents regularly look forward to many of Merritt’s hallmarks as annual traditions. We are constantly discovering new ways to use our 7 acre campus as an extended classroom adds an unparalleled layer to the academic experience.
We recognize that parents are the subject matter experts on their children and we value their input and participation in the educational process.
The importance of clear lines of communication between school and home is heavily emphasized by:
- Weekly Merritt newsletter from the executive director
- Weekly school highlights email from the principal
- Weekly letter from the classroom teacher
- Formal parent teacher conferences twice a year
Merritt Academy provides a full service cafeteria and menu meeting appropriate nutritional guidelines.
School day begins with a continental breakfast snack at 6:30 a.m. for before-school care students.
A hot lunch at midday and snacks are offered as part of your child’s tuition.
Our early childhood students dine family-style in the classroom while K-8 children sit with classmates in our cafeteria.
Your child will enjoy seasonal traditions including cookouts on the grill, Friday soup du jour, and special holiday meals.
Examples of our monthly menu are below:
“ Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education. ”
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
Merritt Academy is proud to be recognized as a National School of Character by the Character Education Partner-ship, a national non-profit coalition based in Washington, D.C.
After School Activities
Merritt Academy provides a safe, enriching after-school environment for students attending area elementary schools.