Before & After School Programs
A Variety of Solutions
In order to serve working parents, our founder Rachel Merritt had developed a strong after school program that featured an array of campus extracurricular activities making life easier for busy families. Today, we proudly offer before & after school programs that families are in need of. As a result, priority extended services are available for our students as well as participants of our award-winning summer camp.
Overall, Merritt Academy offers a variety of before and after school programs ensuring children will be nurtured and supported all day long. Ultimately, choosing the right school will benefit your student as well as serve the needs of your family both during school day hours and beyond.
Extended Service Program – K-8th
- Before School 7:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m
- Study Hall/Recess & Recreation 3:30 p.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Extended Day 4:30 p.m.- 6:15 p.m.
- Winter & Spring Breaks (Service only – no Academics) 7:00 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Summer Camp 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (open to public, weekly and full summer options, academic enrichment available as a special option)
- Before-camp care is offered free beginning at 7:00 a.m.
- After-care from 3:30 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. is available for $100 per week
Merritt Academy Afternoon Activities
Merritt Academy Afternoon Activities are safe, fun, and enriching environments for K3-8th grade students currently enrolled at Merritt Academy. Afternoon activities occur between 3:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. depending on the age group and type of club. In addition, select interscholastic sports may be offered for upper school students. Our popular club/class offerings are fee-based and subject to change with the seasons. Here are some examples of afternoon activities that are offered:
- Cooking (Preschool, Elementary)
- Dance and Movement (Preschool, K-2nd)
- Drama Club (5th-8th)
- Fitness Fun (Preschool, K-2nd)
- Indoor track and team games (Preschool, K-2nd)
- Lego Club (1st-4th)
- Martial Arts (Preschool, K-8th)
- Math Olympiads (6th-8th)
- Stem Mentors Club (Preschool with mentors in 3rd-8th)
- Summer swimming lessons in our campus pool (Preschool –5th)
Please contact our Special Programs Director, Melissa Denny (MelissaD@merrittacademy.org) for more information on upcoming afternoon activity offerings.
“ Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education. ”
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
A National School of Character
VISA accredited K3-8th Grade
9211 Arlington Blvd.
Fairfax, VA 22031
Phone | 703.273.8000 | Email
Merritt Academy is proud to be recognized as a National School of Character by the Character Education Partnership, a national non-profit coalition based in Washington, D.C.
After School Activities
Merritt Academy provides a safe, enriching afterschool environment for students attending our elementary program.
Click here to download Merritt Academy’s 2022-2023 school calendar.
Click here to download Merritt Academy’s 2023-24 school calendar.