Printer Friendly Version
"It is our character that supports the promise of our future." W. J. Bennett
- Please review our list of current employment opportunities. If no current positions are available you are welcome to submit your résumé and cover letter for our files.
- Please print an employment application from our website and send it along with your resume indicating the position of interest and salary requirements to:
email@example.com, or fax to 703-591-1431, or mail to Merritt Academy, Attn: Human Resources, 9211 Arlington Blvd., Fairfax, VA 22031.
Lead and Full Time/Part Time Preschool Floaters
Merritt Academy is in search of energetic and dynamic Lead/Full Time/Part Time Preschool Floaters to join our awesome team. Experience working with Infants, Toddlers and children up to the age of 3. The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in an educational environment
- High school required, CDA required for lead floater, preferred for FT/PT floater
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility is a must in order to be successful in this environment
- A love of working with children up to the age of 3
The J127 Education Foundation who operates three local schools is looking for a skilled and experienced Maintenance Manager. This is a full time position with benefits reporting directly to the Director of Facilities for the foundation. This opportunity is a hands-on position performing, supervising and coordinating the maintenance of all three schools. Experience supervising staff is required along with strong computer skills, knowledge of maintenance and construction, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High School Degree or equivalent with experience in maintenance
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products and general computer usage
- 5+ years’ experience in maintenance and/or construction
- 2+ years’ experience supervising a staff of 5 or more
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record, CDL license preferred
- Skilled in the use of various power and hand tools
- Ability to push, pull, lift and move equipment and machinery up to 75 lbs
- Experience in budget development and budget management a plus