Printer Friendly Version
How to Join Us
- Tour by Appointment - Customized to your individual needs. Please contact Amy Pernick, Director of Admissions at 703-539-8394 or at AmyP@MerrittAcademy.org.
- Application - By submitting a completed application, along with the $50 application fee, your student will be placed on the waiting list for their appropriate age group.
- “Merritt Experience Day” School Visit and Admissions Assessment (for students entering grades K-6) - Prospective students attend classes and meet with the School Counselor for an interview and assessment.
- Play Date (for students entering the Preschool Program) - 30 minute play date with the Preschool Director for placement into the appropriate classroom.
- Registration - When an open space is identified in the appropriate age group, an Enrollment Contract is offered. This contract, along with the annual materials fee secures your child’s space at Merritt Academy.
Prior to a student’s first day of attendance, we must have the following documentation completed for the child’s school file:
- Proof of Identification (birth certificate or passport)
- Completed Application for Admission
- Enrollment Contract
- Commonwealth of Virginia School Entrance Health Form
- Complete Emergency care card*
- Emergency transportation authorization*
- Signed Parent Agreements*
*These items can be found in the “Back to School Packet” available under Forms