Printer Friendly Version
- The Appletree School serves three year olds through 2nd graders in their loving facility near the Vienna metro. Founded in 1976 by Wilhelmina Klaassen, the school opened with a focus on teaching the whole child, mind, body and spirit. Today, over 100 children learn and grow each year in their home away from home. The Appletree School and it's senior staff (some who have taught at the school for decades) continue the tradition of excellence, appreciation for the arts and love of learning that their founder instilled over thirty years ago.
- First Steps Academy serves up to 110 infants through Kindergartners at their family friendly school in McLean / Tysons Corner. Founded in 2004, the school operates with the mission of preparing young children to attain success in life. This mission is accomplished through character building and development of strong academic foundations. Located in the heart of Tysons Corner's corporate district, parents are able to interact with their children throughout the day and enjoy the convenience of having their child attend school near their workplace. The teachers and staff at First Steps Academy work to serve and support the family unit each day while providing the preparation children will need to find success tomorrow.
Legacy of Our Founders
Together with it's two sister schools, Merritt Academy shares the Legacy of Our Founders:
- Being hospitable to all faith traditions from a base of Christian values
- Encouraging the unique talents and potential of each child in a safe and nurturing environment
- Embracing the joy of learning
- Promoting academic excellence
- Developing the strength of character to make morally sound decisions
- Providing support and service to our families
- Treating the members of our community - students, staff and parents - and the world around us with respect and kindness
- Nourishing compassion and the desire to serve others
- Promoting harmony between the physical, spiritual, emotional and intellectual